Prevent Electrical Shock

5. Wet Locations

Avoid wet areas when working with or on anything electrical. If there is a reason that you have to be in that situation, wear rubber boots and gloves to lesson your chance of getting shocked. Tools and appliances should be plugged into a GFCI outlet or GFCI extension cord.

Don’t forget to dry your hands before grabbing any cord to plug it in or unplug it. Wet hands and a frayed cord don’t mix. You reach down to grab the cord and just like that, you’ve been shocked! Believe it or not, it happens.

Leave a Reply