Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your hours of operation?
- Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8am – 8pm EST. For class hours click here »
- Do you serve customers outside of your local area?
- Yes. Our classes can be taken from anywhere, but we only ship products to the contiguous United States.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept Cash, Checks, Money Orders, and Credit/Debit Cards. You can also use PayPal or Bill Me Later.
- Do I have to order online?
- No. You can mail or call in your order too.
- Where do I enter a coupon code if I have one?
- Coupon codes can be entered and applied in two places. You can enter a code in the shopping cart or on the order confirmation section during the checkout. You will see the discount applied to your order once you submit a valid code.
- What are your shipping, return, and refund policies?
ShippingAll physical products are processed and shipped (UPS or USPS) within 2 business days. However, in most cases we process and ship products the same day of the order. Digital products and class access are processed the same day as the order if not immediately.Returns & RefundsOur products can be returned within 14 days of the original purchase of the product.Before you return a product, please make sure that:
– The product was purchased in the last 14 days
– The product is in its original packagingSend the product with its original packing to:Advance Electrical Training
340 Cattell Street
Easton, PA 18042Shipping charges incurred in connection with the return of a product are not refundable.Damaged Items
If you received a damaged product, please notify us immediately for assistance.
Digital & Online ProductsWe do not issue refunds for digital or online products once the order is confirmed and the product or access to class is sent.We recommend contacting us for assistance if you experience any issues receiving, downloading, or logging into our products and services.Contact usIf you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact us:
– By phone number: 610-340-4363
– By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I make Payments?
- Yes, We offer in-house payment plans for our Exam Prep Program only and Bill Me Later for any purchase $99 or more.
Option 1 – Direct Payment Plan – We will accept any payment schedule that works for you, but the following training restrictions apply;
- Payments must be called in or mailed in and processed manually
- 0-49% Paid – Class access will be restricted to what you have paid based on the single class rate of $25. You get one class per $25 paid until the total of all payments to date reaches 50% of the overall program cost.
- 50% Paid – Get access to all classes and practice exams
- 100% Paid – Textbook is sent out.Option 2 – Use Bill Me Later at Checkout – This is a Third Party Service via PayPal for any purchase of $99 or more.
- What is an online classroom?
Ours is just like traditional classroom training except we meet in an online meeting room. Rather than being projected on a wall, we show the presentations right on your screen as we teach the classes live and interactively.Most people are skeptical about online training until they see our unique delivery method. Once experienced you’ll immediately realize the advantages and conveniences we can offer online. Take a free trial class before you jump to conclusions, you’ll be glad you did!
- Do I need to be good with computer?
- Not at all, there isn’t really anything you have to do except click on the link to class in your email at the time of class.
- Can people see me if I have a camera on my device?
- No. It’s not a video conference. People only see what’s shared by the presenter. Everyone can hear each other, but the audio connection is separate from shared material. You can actually call in and listen to the meeting without viewing. This has shown to work great for people caught in traffic or on a service call.
- How do I get into the classes?
- We’ll send you emails with links to join your class(es) and reminders when the instructor starts the class.
- Is there an instructor for the classes?
- Yes. They are actual instructor-led live classes just presented in an online meeting room for your convenience. It is no different than traditional classroom training. Fill out our contact form for a free class and see for yourself.
- Can I ask questions?
- Yes. The classes are interactive. You can talk directly to the instructor or type privately if you prefer.
- Do I need any special hardware for the classes?
- No. You can join the class with just about any device that connects to the internet.
- What are the system requirements?
- Classroom Recommendations/Requirements
- Intel Core2 Duo CPU 2.XX GHz or AMD processor. (2 GB of RAM recommended)
- Active X enabled and unblocked for Microsoft Internet Explorer (recommended)
- Java 6.0 or aboveMac support
- Intel processor (512 MB of RAM or more recommended)
- Plug-ins enabled in Safari
- Java 6.0 or aboveLinux support
WebEx will support any Linux distribution as long as it meets the following minimum requirements:
- Kernel: 2.6 or later
- X Lib: X11R6 or later compatible
- C++ Lib: libstdc++ 6
- Desktop Environment, XFce 4.0 or later, KDE, Ximian, Gnome
- GDK/GTK. version: 2.0 or later
- Glib: 2.0 or later
- Sun Java 1.5 or laterMobile support
Our classroom supports starting or joining a meeting from your mobile device. The classroom web pages are also accessible on the mobile device default browser.
Mobile applications are available for iOS(iPhone/iPad), Android and Cius devices.
- What is your Electrical Exam Prep guarantee?
- It is for our all inclusive program. We guarantee our commitment to train you until you pass. Whatever it takes. We will train you until you get the license you are preparing for. Our program is focused on your results and you won’t find that anywhere else.
- When are the program start and end dates?
- It is not a fixed program. We have a modular program of stand alone sections that run continuously all year round. You can start any time and the program ends for you when you have your license. No need to schedule your life around your training. We are the only program that allows you to schedule your training around your life.
- How is the schedule flexible if the classes are live?
- The classes themselves are taught live on a fixed schedule 4 days a week. They are not “On Demand”. The flexibility is what days you choose to attend. Many only attend one class per week while others come to all four. You can take our online practice exams and work out of your textbook 24/7.
- What exams do you prepare students for?
- All National Electrical Code® based exams for electricians and inspectors. Including; PSI, ICC (Pearson Vue), AMP, Prometric, ProV, and Local Licensing Boards. Exam Prep Program »
- Do you give the electrical exams?
- No. We don’t give the exams, we teach you everything you need to know to pass your electrical exam. Contact your local licensing board for information about their test procedure. State Licensing Boards »
- How long does the exam prep program take to complete?
- Completion time depends on your availability to attend classes. The entire program can be completed in less than 4 weeks, but you can take as long as you need.
- Do you offer refresher courses?
- Yes, see our Refresher Course or only take the specific sections you need. View classes »
- Can I take the classes if I’m just starting out?
- Yes. Our program is for anyone that wants to learn the NEC®.
- What if I have questions outside of class?
- You could post the question in our forum, email us, or call us if you need an answer right away. We prefer everyone to use the forum to get questions answered so others can benefit from the information too.
- What if I can’t make a class?
- No problem. Our modular program design allows you to attend your class(es) on the dates that work for you. With us, you will always get what you paid for.
- What if I lose my user id and password?
- Send us an email and we’ll resend you the information.
- How can I take the same practice exam over?
- Let us know what you want to retake and we will reset it for you.