IBTS is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, established to provide impartial evaluations, research and technical assistance to reduce the burden on Federal, state and local government agencies.
IBTS has the need for a Commercial Building/Infrastructure Inspector to support current and future building inspection services. IBTS has an immediate need for an experienced inspector to work on a multi-year public works construction project to extend the Washington DC metro rail system into Northern Virginia. The Inspector will be expected to conduct commercial inspections of complex buildings including metro train stations and transportation systems associated with the system.
Strong Industrial/Rail Electrical experience is required.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and inspecting to construction drawings and specifications.
- Observing site, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing work and determining whether the work is code compliant.
- Applying provisions of the building and related codes as amended and adopted to complex construction projects.
- Completing comprehensive daily reports of inspection results verbally and in an electronic database, identifying specific code citations.
- Preparing monthly summary reports of inspection activity at each assigned project.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client/developer and the builder/contractor.
- Monitoring the pace of construction and projecting the level of inspection effort required as work progresses.
Industrial/Electrical Rail experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience in commercial building construction inspection and/or infrastructure inspection including knowledge of roadway/civil inspection
- Experience applying provisions of the International Building Code (IBC), International Plumbing Code (IPC), International Mechanical Code (IMC), National Electrical Code (NEC) and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) to complex projects.
- ICC certification as a Commercial Combination Inspector is desired but will consider lesser certification with strong experience and the ability to obtain certifications shortly after hire. Certifications beyond this minimum are a plus. Virginia DHCD or equivalent certifications may be considered in lieu of ICC certification.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in clear, grammatical English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to travel between projects within an approximate 20 mile radius.
- A technical degree in engineering, architecture or building construction, though not required, is a plus.
- Other technical certifications in areas such as fire protection engineering, quality auditing, building or systems commissioning and the ability to work in other project areas are a plus.
How to Apply
Email resume to human resources at: email@example.com